What is EPIC?
EPIC stands for Empowering Personal Interactions in the Community, and we aim to support neurotypical and neurodivergent young adults, 18 and up, in social, philanthropic, and learning opportunities through community-based events.
Social events consist of community outings for game nights, movie nights, sharing meals at restaurants or to take advantage of various community events in Denton and surrounding towns.
Philanthropic events are planned in accordance with community need and current participant interest.
Learning events include a teaching and application portion focused on general skills such as stress management, nutrition, or goal setting.
Who will enjoy EPIC events?
- individuals who are 18 or older
- those who have the desire to be with peers in a social setting
- those with functional communication to socialize with their peers
- individuals who are independent in activities of daily living (e.g., toileting & hygiene maintenance)
- those who can regulate sensory input and emotions when in a social group
- those who recognize and communicate sensory or emotional dysregulation
EPIC Social Media
You can find UNT EPIC on a variety of social platforms including Facebook and L.A.C.E Nexus.
- L.A.C.E Nexus: The Local Autism Community Engagement Nexus connects you with real-world events, gameplay events, and local businesses and services. Explore the L.A.C.E Nexus website and download the app here: https://www.lacenexus.com/. Once on the app, you can stay up to date on UNT EPIC events.
- Facebook: Like UNT EPIC on Facebook here https://www.facebook.com/untepic to stay up to date on events.
Program Coordinator- Lauren Mathews, M.S., CCC-SLP
Graduate Assistant- Zoe Fox B.S.
Graduate Services Assistant for EPIC (Empowering Personal Interactions in the Community) and a graduate student in the Speech Language Pathology Program within the Department of Audiology and Speech- Language Pathology.
You can contact UNT Epic at UNTEPIC@unt.edu
Follow us on Instagram @unt_epic